Money[edit | edit source]
- Benji - $100 dollar bill
- Funny Money - counterfeit money
- Pots of money - to have a lot of cash
- Brass - funny
- Hand bag - money
- Scrilla - cash
- Scrappa - cash
- Dibs/Dibbs - money
- Handbag - money
- Measures - money
- Bag of sand - $1000
- Flag - $1
- Handful - $5
- K - $1000
- Mill - one million dollars
- Sheckles - money
- Ton - $100
- Stack - $1,000
- Brick - $200,000 - $250,000 (stacked)
- Dough - Multiple stacks (at-least 5-6 stacks)
- Bread - $400,000
- Good Cash - $1-$5 million
- C-Note - $100
- Feddie - money
- Cod - large amount of money.
- Course note - a bill larger then $2
- High rollin' - makin' money, dealin' drugs
- Rack - $1000
- Kilo - $100,000 too $900,000
- Mula - money
- Blue cheese - blue strip on $100 bills
- On grind - making money
- Guala - money
- Bands - Wads of money
- boof-studio or recording room
pornhub[edit | edit source]
- Nuttin' - ejaculating
- Dime - an attractive female
- Chicken head - ratchet female
- Skeet - The ejaculation of sperm.
- 69 - head of both parties consecutively
- Head - Oral Sex
- Lollipop - guy's wang (oral sex)
State of Mind[edit | edit source]
- Heated - very angry
- Pissed - very angry
- 730 - a state of insanity or instability
- Shook - to be scared
- Rock bottom - severely depressed
- 100 - being truthful
- Chopped - signals the offense of a person doubting ones ability
- No cap - not lying
- Blank - about to go insane
Locations[edit | edit source]
- Yard - your house
- Stu - studio
- Lab - recording studio
- 4 walls - room
- Pad - apartment
- Telly - a hotel; commonly refers to parties at a hotel.
- Sweat box - the van commonly used for taking people to prison
- Crib - house
- Bando - place of distribution usually dirty or empty
Violence[edit | edit source]
- Glock - Brand of Handgun
- Mark - a victim who has been targeted
- Bull scare - a strong bluff
- 187 - homicide
- Nine - a 9mm firearm
- Cap - bullet
- Strap up - to prepare for a fight
- Crook - to act like a gangsta or a criminal.
- Chopper - an automatic rifle, usually an AK
- Tommy - A gun made popular by Al Capone
Drug Related[edit | edit source]
- Square - a cigarette
- Grit - a cigarette
- Onion - an ounce of (drugs)
- 420 - relates to marijuana
- White - cocaine
- Nose candy - cocaine
- Lifted - high (off marijuana)
- Lye - the smoke exhaled from smoking marijuana
- Spark - to ignite a joint or blunt of marijuana
- Match - to share the cost of a drug, usually marijuana
- Bud - marijuana, uhdhrsually a nug of marijuana
- Yayo - Cocaine
- Bubbly- champagne
- Cookie- marijuana
- Lean- Codeine
- Tweek - a person who does stimulants (usually meth but also sometimes coke or adderall) that can't keep it together when high
- Molly - mdma
- Numb - high
Body Parts or Bodily Functions[edit | edit source]
- Nuttin' - ejaculating
- Food box - your belly/stomach
- Tick - the heart, or beating of the heart
- Cut - To leave somewhere as in I'm gonna cut
- Sonny - An unpleasant person
Other[edit | edit source]
- Old man - father
- Creepin' - entering a house (yard) for burglary or violence as in you don't wanna see me creepin
- Flex - to show off
- Getty - a get-together of friends.
- Grub - food
- Chump - a stupid person
- Whip - a car
- Deuce - the action of throwing up a hand sign, usually between friends saying bye.
- Shorty - an adult female or a child.
- Shawty - an adult female or a child.
- 98 Oldsmobile - The Oldsmobile 98 model, this model was the largest and most luxurious of the Oldsmobile models, making it a hood status symbol.
- Deuce - 24 oz beer, peace sign = leaving
- Thot - That Hoe Over There
- 304 - if you type a 304 on a old fashioned calculator, it'll spell out the word HOE
- Dusty - an unattractive girl
- Buster - a person who talks too much shit
- Brodies - close friends
- Homies - close friends
- Shuck - "A fraud; a scam" or "A phony".
- Dukes - Parents
- Bet - Agreeing with something.
- Wack - to be crazy or stupid/to kill
- Reh Dogg - urban equivalent of the old 'Uncle Tom' slur, class/race traitor
- Boujee - Badass
- 'Hoe' - prostitute
- Coon - For an African American, to play the dated stereotype of a black fool for an audience, particularly including Caucasians.
- Pimp (Noun) - A man who can easily attract women.
- Pimp (Verb) - To excessively customize something, especially a vehicle, according to ghetto standards.
- Pimping - Consisting of or having the qualities of a pimp.
Phrases[edit | edit source]
- "Get blowed" - to get high off marijuana.
- "Got the germ" - have received HIV/AIDS.
- "Got the dragon" - having bad breath
- "Hit me on the hip" - to contact by pager
- "Dancing with the devil" - doing something very risky
- "Got 5 on it" - putting £5000 into something wether it be a bet or a criminal enterprise
- "No vaseline" - to attack an enemy with no mercy. Made popular by Ice Cube in his song "No Vaseline."
- "Endorsement" - an act of giving one's public approval or support to someone or something.
- "Getting brain" - receiving oral sex
Slang Phrases use in Rap Culture that is not just in the music[edit | edit source]
- Off the chain - “I saw the ring (Tuesday), and it was just unbelievable. That it was my turn to be one of those select few to achieve the ultimate success. It is, what we say, ‘off the chain.’ So it was really an enjoyable moment.”
Videos about Terms in Rap[edit | edit source]
Big L Ebonics[edit | edit source]
<youtube width="460" height="385">8zz-H4ldJ0Q</youtube> [[Category:Slang]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.